114th Congress (2015 - 2016)
The NEA's Legislative Report Card measures Members of Congress’ overall support for public education and educators, with each Member receiving a letter grade of A, B, C, D or F. Letter grades are based on their voting records on selected votes in 2015 - 2016 and on five additional criteria:
- Cosponsorship of bills critical to advancing NEA’s identified legislative priorities;
- Behind- the-scenes work to advance or impede NEA priority issues;
- Committee votes in support of or against NEA priorities;
- Accessibility of the Member and staff in Washington, DC to NEA staff and leaders; and
- Accessibility and education advocacy in the Member’s home state or district.
Additionally, emphasis continues to be given to votes and other actions involving union rights. We believe it important to hold lawmakers accountable at a time when both public and private sector unions and the right to bargain collectively are under severe attack.
More information on NEA's Legislative Report Card may be gained by contacting NEA at email@example.com.
Previous Report Cards
Paid for by the NEA Fund for Children and Public Education at 1201 16th Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20036 and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.